Yoga mats: how to improve your grip
Yoga mats: how to improve your grip
Is your yoga mat slippery? For your yoga mat to always offer you optimal adhesion, excellent stickiness, there is no need to reach for expensive preparations. Read the advices.
The grip of the yoga mat
Yoga mat is an indispensable accessory for every yogi. Not only does it provide comfort and support during exercise, but it can also help improve posture and balance. However, it is important to choose a yoga mat with good grip so that you can move safely and comfortably during the exercise.
Why is the grip of the yoga mat so important?
The grip of the yoga mat is important for several reasons.
- First, it helps you stay in place during exercise. This is especially important in positions that require a lot of movement and balance.
- Secondly, grip can help improve posture. When you have good support for your feet and hands, you can focus more on performing the poses correctly.
- Third, grip can help prevent injury. When you can move safely during exercise, you are less likely to slip or fall.
How to choose yoga mats with good grip?
There are several factors to consider when choosing yoga mats with good grip. The first factor is the grip type. If you have wet feet or hands, you will need another mat. Another factor is the type of yoga you practice. If you do positions that require a lot of movement and balance, you will need a mat with good grip.
Tips for improving your yoga mat's grip
If you have problems with the grip of the yoga mat, you can try the following tips:
- Use appropriate mats. Yoga mats are made of different materials that have different grip properties. Choose a mat that is made of material that suits you.
- Clean the mat. Wet or dirty mats have less grip. Before practicing yoga, clean the mat with a damp cloth.
- Wear appropriate clothing. Clothing will help you maintain balance and stability.
- To extend the life of your yoga mat, regularly clean and dry. Avoid exposing the mat to high temperatures or strong chemicals.
What to do to keep the yoga mat always so "sticky" or that the grip will always be excellent?
In order for your yoga mat to provide you with optimal grip and excellent "stickiness" at all times, it is not necessary to reach out for expensive preparations in stores intended for this purpose. Simply make your own preparation with essential oils and herbs right at home. Such a preparation is cheap and you can prepare it according to your wishes, your taste or better smell.
- In a bottle or glass bowl, mix 30 drops of tea tree oil, 1 cup of distilled water and ¼ cup of Witch Hazel.
- In another glass bowl, mix 40 drops of essential oils of rosemary, lemongrass and lavender. How many drops of these three essential oils are in this combination of 40 drops is arbitrary. It is important to achieve an aroma, a smell that you like. You can also use any other essential oil, but just be careful that it is not harmful to the skin.
- Mix the two mixtures together. Pour the resulting liquid into the sprayer. The sprayer should be glass and not plastic. Mix everything well, shake.
- Take your yoga mat, a spray and a soft microfiber cloth to the terrace, garden. Somewhere where the ground is flat and you can get it wet. Make sure that the floor or the base is clean. Spray your yoga mat. Then gently wipe it with a cloth. Always wipe your oiled palms with a cloth.
- You can start the exercise after 20 minutes. The fact that the yoga mat is still damp will increase the grip even more.
Enjoy and exercise as often as possible!