Portugal is known for its cork. So where else would do they know how to handle cork sustainably and with care. CorkLane products are made in Portugal! Interestingly, yoga mats, yoga accessories, massage rollers are not their most famous segment. CorkLane is recognized in the fashion industry as it produces stunning, elegant and functional fashion accessories (handbags, belts, wallets...).
Domestic production enables them to constantly control quality in production. At the same time, it supports the local economy. CorkLane is PETA certified, meaning that all cork products are vegan and do not contain animal ingredients. CorkLane is a responsible manufacturer and does not use dangerous chemicals, heavy metals, formaldehyde, mineral fibers...
Why is cork a sustainable material?
- It grows naturally, without the use of fertilizers or pesticides.
- A "barked" tree absorbs up to 5 times more CO2 (cork oak forests absorb about 14 million tons of CO2 each year).
- The cellular structure of cork allows it to capture an incredible amount of carbon. It is estimated that a cork forest can capture about 6 tons of CO2 per hectare per year.
- Cork is biodegradable.
- The cork regenerates itself after peeling (the bark peels approximately every 9 years).
- Cork oak reaches an age of up to 200 years. Which means they safely remove the cork about 15 times during their lifetime.
- Cork oak is an evergreen tree. Which means that its photosynthesis ("oxygen production") cycle takes place throughout the year.
- Cork is antistatic and hypoallergenic.
- Cork is pleasant to the touch.