- Women's Merino Wool T-Shirt Icebreaker Oasis 200 Ski TrackPrice €87.96 Regular Price €109.95
- Icebreaker Fastray High Rise women‘s merino wool leggingsPrice €95.96 Regular Price €119.95
- Women's merino wool sports bra Siren Bra IcebreakerPrice €32.17 Regular Price €45.95
- Merino wool women panties Siren Hipkini IcebreakerPrice €27.97 Regular Price €39.95
- Women’s merino wool panties Queens High Cut IcebreakerPrice €31.96 Regular Price €39.95
- Icebreaker Amplify Cool Lite-Raceback merino T-shirtPrice €46.17 Regular Price €65.95
Merino wool – Icebreaker
How merino wool differs from traditional wool?
Merino wool comes from sheeps who live in high mountains of New Zealand’s rugged Southern Alps range. They are built to survive the hot summers and freezing winters at 3000 m altitude. The natural 'fleece' protects them in these extremes. Summer wool fiber is light, breathable and soft, maintains low temperature even at high temperatures. In winter extra layer of wool is grown to protect them from cold.
WE BELIEVE THERE IS A BETTER WAY. AND NATURE HAS THE ANSWERS.
Simple, effective, inventively. Sustainable and natural solutions are achieved outdoors, at the mountains and not in laboratories. The ability of the fibers is tested outdoors, hand in hand with nature and sheeps.
Clothes from natural, traditional wool are super warm. But they are heavy and take up a lot of space – old fashioned wool jumper takes up half of the backpack. Drying is slow and they itch.
In the 1970s everyone started wearing synthetics fabrics. They had the advantage of being lightweight, easy care and non-itch, but the disadvantage of feeling wet and clammy to touch, sweaty and smelly, and as they were petroleum-based, highly flammable!
Finally, a Merino wool was introduced! Ideal performance solution. Merino is super lightweight, soft, non-itchy, non-clammy, warm in the cold and cool in the heat, and has a miraculous ability to resist odor. It's naturally renewable, recyclable and biodegradable.
Why we love merino wool:
- Thermo regulation – natural ability to adapt to external climate conditions;
- Flammability – naturally flame resistant. When in contact with burning item, they wont melt;
- Biodegradable, renewable, recyclable;
- UV protection – merino fibers naturally prevents from UV rays (UVA / UVB / UVC);
- Odour-free – natural ability to absorb the odour molecules and 'lock' the odour in;
- Fast drying – natural absorbtion from skin and deabsorbtion to the atmosphere;
- Flexibiliy – they can extend up to 30%, without breaking the fibers and recover to primal shape;
- Softness – naturally soft and comfortable. Fine fibers to wear it as a second skin.